When it comes to costs, nobody likes surprises, so we will make this as clear as possible.
Regretfully, payment procedures for Lyme disease treatments are often different than your other medical providers. As you read on, remember if you don’t understand anything, please give us a call and we will do our best to help you.
(Effective July 1, 2015)
All medical and office costs for Lyme treatments are paid by the patient at the time of service.
- We accept VISA, MC and AM EX, and Discover
- $375-$425 for Initial New Patient Lyme Consultation and Evaluation
- Costs are adjusted according to time and complexity of services
- Estimates for treatment costs ( including testing, office visits, blood work, etc.) will be provided to your before you start any treatment program
- If you have any questions about costs, please ask. Just call the office at 215-256-0050
You submit any claim for reimbursement to your insurance company
- We will provide you with a receipt to submit to your insurance company and show that you have paid us.
- Because of our experience, we may be able to guide you with your paperwork
- If there is any reimbursement, the check will be sent directly to you.
- When talking to your insurance company, tell them we are an “out of network” medical services provider. (That means we don’t send our bills directly to the insurance company)
- Don’t forget about meeting your annual insurance deductible for “out of network” providers.
Please don’t assume your insurance company will reimburse you
- Medicare will not. Our payment status with Medicare is “Opt-out”
- Many insurance companies reimburse only a percentage of the cost
Appointment Cancellations require 48 business hours notice
We do not overbook appointment times, and make you wait. The doctor’s time is set aside for you. If you can’t make an appointment, we require 48 business hours notice for cancellations. This gives us enough time to schedule another patient. However, if we don’t get notified, you will be billed the full amount. Your understanding is greatly appreciated.
If you have any questions about our costs or insurance coverage, please feel free to talk to our office staff by calling 215-256-0050.